Tax-free rewards up to €500
Reward your staff with a Perx reward card up to €500. Perx reward cards are tax-free under the Small Benefits Exemption scheme in Ireland.
Perx and the Small Benefits Scheme
Perx rewards can be used as part of the Small Benefits Scheme in Ireland.
Under the Small Benefits Scheme, company directors and employees can receive a bonus up to €500 in value each year. This bonus is a once-off, tax free benefit and cannot be given as cash or through payroll but it can be in the form of gift cards including vouchers.
This is where Perx comes in.
Perx Reward cards are fully compliant with the Small Benefits Scheme. While our Reload card has a chip and PIN, Perx Reward is swipe and sign only and does not allow for ATM or cash back access. This means it does not count as cash and can be loaded, tax-free with up to €500.
The Benefits of Perx Rewards
Perx Rewards are staff gift cards for end-of-year giving, celebrations and other milestones.
- Spend at 53 million locations worldwide
- Load in GBP, Euro or USD
- Swipe and sign
- Spend online
- Spend in-store
- Cardholder login
- Balance check
- Powered by Mastercard
Understanding the small print
- The Small Benefits Scheme allows a gift of up to €500 to be given to staff or company directors once a year.
- The benefit can only be given once in every tax year, so for example, you cannot give a Perx Reward of €300 in April, and then €200 in July.
- If you give more than €500 on your Perx Reward card or any staff gift voucher then the full-face value amount will be subject to tax
- The benefit cannot be part of any salary sacrifice arrangement.